[chirp_users] UV50X2

Jim Unroe
Sun Nov 24 18:58:55 PST 2019

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 9:17 PM Darby Collier <collier.darby at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay Jim,
>
> I did a factory upload from the stock image.
>
> Then I uploaded the "Uploaded" image attached.  I did not touch the radio at all, then within less than a minute, downloaded the attached "Downloaded" image.  As you can see, the radio once again changed the programming with no input from me. I'm at a loss. Should I try the same thing with the stock image and see if it changes that as well?

Darby,

There is no point to uploading the "stock" image if you follow it up
by another image. The last image uploaded "wins".

Anyway it seems that the radio have some bits stuck in its memory.
After you uploaded your UPLOADED.img file setting MR A channel: to 0
(0x0E9F = 0x00) and MR B channel: to 1 (0x0EA0 = 0x01) they come back
to CHIRP as being set to 191 (0xBF) and 144 (0x90).

What I would like you to try now would but to upload you UPLOADED.img
file and then manually set MR A channel: and MR B channel: to some
other valid channels numbers and then download from the radio and send
that to me to see what they come back as. Set them both to channel 15.