[chirp_users] I don't understand Switching from Ch mode to Freq mode

Jim Unroe
Tue Nov 12 15:00:56 PST 2019

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 3:56 PM Jay Stevens <jay.m.stevens at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have attached a snap shot of my programming.
> When I am in Channel mode I see the Name just fine and the radio hits and receives the repeater ok. But if I switch to Freq mode, the screen shows 146.100 no matter what channel I am on. I have never programmed that freq into the radio.
> What am I missing here? Why won't the radio show me the freq of the Channel I am on?
>
> --
> James (Jay) M. Stevens

Hi James,

When the radio is in VFO (frequency) mode, there are no channels. You
have access to 2 VFOs (the top [A] display line VFO and the bottom [B]
display line VFO). You can enter any STEP compatible frequency within
the band limits of each band (VHF and UHF). There are no names
available in VFO mode.

When the radio is in MR (channel) mode, the display lines (the top [A]
display line channel and bottom [B] display line channel) can have
their Memory Display Format (MDF) to show either CH (channel) number,
NAME or FREQ (frequency). You can set the MDF you want for either
display line by using menu 21 (MDF-A) and menu 22 (MDF-B).

You can find out more detailed information about your radio's menus here:
http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_MenuDef.php