[chirp_users] FW: Problem with cloning to my radio

Jim Unroe
Tue Nov 5 10:44:12 PST 2019

> Hey so I programmed my first radio identical to this one (Baofang UV82L) and it worked fine. But this second one when I try to clone all my channels on to it, it reads this: An Error has occurred, The upload was stopped because the firmware version of the image ( N822413N822413) DOES NOT MATCH that of the radio.
>

> Please help

Hi Joshua,

You are trying to upload an "image" from a different radio with an
incompatible firmware version into the second radio. You must not do
that so CHIRP won't let you. You must keep separate CHIRP Radio Image
(*.img) files for each radio.

What most people do is load the saved image from the source radio to
open a tab. Then download from the destination to create a second tab
that is compatible with the destination radio. Then you can
copy-and-past the memory rows from the source radio tab to the
destination radio tab and then upload to the destination radio.

What I prefer to do is to import the source image into a tab for the
destination radio. A guide can be found here.

https://baofengtech.com/CHIRPImport