[chirp_users] Radio did not respond Baofeng UV-82

Jim Unroe
Wed Mar 20 12:46:26 PDT 2019

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 3:21 PM sam walton <sam at foofrancine.com> wrote:

> Yes, thx.
>
> Ubuntu 14 xfce
>
> chirpw -v returns version 4.0.0-RELEASE which has a date of 12/21/2013
> That’s alarming, so I apt-get update and reinstalled chirp-daily
> In terminal, it unpacks to 20190319-trusty over the one I installed from last week.
>
> Is this the version number? If not, how to get the info needed?, sam kk4jzh
>
> On Mar 20, 2019, at 2:00 PM, chirp_users-request at intrepid.danplanet.com wrote:
>
> Sam,
>
> Tell us what operating system you are using, and which version of CHIRP.
>
> Also include your callsign with your signature.
>
> Regards,
>
> David
> N1EA

That's the problem. You are running a very, very old version of CHIRP.
You must uninstall it and then install the latest daily build from the
snapshot repository as shown on the download page and the "Running
Under Linux" page.