[chirp_users] chirp-daily yaesu ft-991 not present

Dan Clemmensen
Mon Mar 18 08:17:13 PDT 2019

Thanks, Nigel.

I just reviewed kenwood_live.py.  Sure enough, the "live mode" model is
quite different from the "clone mode" model that's implemented in almost
all of the other drivers. Given this driver as a worked example, and
Yaesu's extensive documentation of the FT-991 CAT protocol, it would be
possible  to write (but not debug) a driver for that radio without any need
for the protocol and memory image analyses that comprise the bulk of the
nasty driver work for a clone mode driver. An actual radio would obviously
still be needed for debug and testing.