[chirp_users] New Python coming?

Dan Smith
Sat Mar 9 13:28:12 PST 2019

> Dan, thank you for responding in this thread. Do I understand correctly that when you and the other volunteer developers finish the new Python 3-compatible version of CHIRP, the whole CHIRP environment will be 64 bit and work on macOS 10.15 and later versions?

Yes, that's the expectation. As other people have said, it's technically possible to build a 64-bit Python2 environment in which to run it currently. Packaging that is not a simple task, so I'm aiming to update the MacOS runtime once the Python3 work is done (or close enough). Hopefully that will happen before Apple forcibly drops 32-bit support, but time will tell.

--Dan