[chirp_users] New Python coming?

Chuck Hast
Mon Mar 4 21:18:13 PST 2019

You can always run it on a Raspberry Pi, then you VNC into the pi and do
Chirp. That is what I do when I am
using an Android tablet and want to change a radio. Works great, yeah it is
and extra box, but it was a cheap
solution (I have a few pi's around the house for such things).

I would expect that somewhere in the background they are working on getting
Chirp moved to Python 3 as it
sort of is the light that is the train in the tunnel.

By way gentile programming folk, sure still would like to know if someone
can fix the issues with the IC-92AD

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 8:41 AM Jeff Hughes <jeffreyhughes at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Alas, yes, it matters.
>
> With the next release of OSX (this fall), 32-bit apps will fail.  If Chirp
> has no plans to move to 64-bit, then it effectively is a dead-end for Mac
> users.
>
> 73, Jeff K4EI
>

> > On Mar 4, 2019, at 9:28 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I know nothing about Mac but to my knowledge it shouldn't matter if it's
> 32 or 64 bits. The problem is Python 2 is EOL in 2020 and Chirp currently
> doesn't work with Python 3.
> >
> > There's an issue submitted for it but it got closed without resolution.
> There doesn't seem to be much interest in getting it fixed.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Richard
> > KF5OIM

Chirp + Editcp + MD380Tools on Linux