[chirp_users] Yaesu 3200D and RT Systems cable problem

JOCK SOUTAR
Fri Jul 26 11:22:19 PDT 2019

I have some software and cables from RTsystems and I have used their cables for many years and have never had any problems with them.

Jock. KC6IIH
On Friday, July 26, 2019 Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

No, but their software only works with  their cable. RT cables work OK with Chirp,

On 26 July 2019 at 12:17 John La <Johnla at usa.net> wrote:

Is it possible the RT cable is proprietary to their software only?

John K3NXU
www.Miklor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Jan Ditzian
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:27 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Yaesu 3200D and RT Systems cable problem

I have an RT Systems Yaesu programming cable for a Yaesu FT-1900
two-meter mobile radio that fits my new FTM-3200D radio. I installed
the latest Chirp, as of today, and it knows about the FT-3200D. I
plugged the cable into the computer USB and the radio microphone jack.
By trial and error, I discovered that the FTM-3200D goes into CLONE mode
by holding in SETUP and then turning it on. Also, by trial and error, I
found that the FTM-3200D went into TRANSMIT mode to the computer by
starting the Chirp Download from Radio, and then pressing REV on the
FT-3200, whereupon the radio went to TX mode and began to count up, and
Chirp also showed that it was downloading data. The process finished,
the radio went back to CLONE, but Chirp returned a checksum error.
Chirp does not display any radio data after the failure. To sum up, the
radio is happy that it spoke to Chirp, but Chirp is not happy with what
it heard, probably at the end of the exchange.

Does anyone know how I can get past this error message?

Thank you and 73,

Jan, KX2A