[chirp_users] Programming Baofeng UV-9

William Thompson
Tue Jul 23 14:44:29 PDT 2019

I'm helping a group program their new radios.  They have Baofeng UV-9, not 9R, but UV-9.  There are no manufacture labels except in the battery compartment.  It appears to be a UV-5R variant as it incorporates the Kenwood standard 2-pin plug and  a 5R spkr-mic works with the radio.  I'm using the same cable that I use with my 5R but the radio fails to respond to Chirp no matter what radio model I use in the Baofeng and BTECH listings.  Is there a preferred for this radio.  By the way, it doesn't show a firmware version on power-up.

73,
William