[chirp_users] KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13 (Mojave)?

Patty Winter
Sun Jan 20 10:07:01 PST 2019

 Hi, Jim and Pat.
Thank you for your replies.
Jim, is it your impression that the cable supplied by Radioddity probably has one of those counterfeit Prolific chips in it? That sounds sleazy.

Pat, I downloaded the Miklor driver you recommended and restarted the MacBook. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the "Radio did not enter clone mode" error. And I'm seeing no evidence that the MacBook is detecting the radio. There's still no USB or Serial option in the port list on CHIRP, and when I look at the /dev directory on the MacBook, there is no cu file that mentions USB or serial; just the Bluetooth and Wireless files that were already there.
Oddly, when I go into System Profiler, I do see mention of a Prolific USB-Serial Controller. I can't figure that out since every other indication is that I don't have a USB-serial interface running. It was even still there after I disconnected the USB cable.

Does the fact that CHIRP is seeing the radio but not able to download data from it mean that this is indeed a driver problem? Is it possible that there simply is no driver for Mojave that will work with the cable supplied by Radioddity? I had seen the same comment Jim mentioned about the difficulties of finding drivers that work with fake Prolific chips, so maybe I need to buy a known combination of cable and driver. But first I'll write to the Mac cable place that Jim recommended and see whether they think their driver will work in my case.

Patty

--------