[chirp_users] KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13 (Mojave)?

Pat Anderson
Sun Jan 20 07:38:24 PST 2019

I ran CHIRP on a 2011  MacBook Pro on every version of OS X / Mac OS from
Lion through High Sierra.  The PL2303 driver on miklor.com worked fine with
my cheap $9 programming cable with the counterfeit Prolific chip set on all
the Mac OSes. You DO have to reboot your Mac after installing the driver.
Download the driver, double click on it and follow the prompts. Restart
your Mac and start CHIRP. Connect your radio powered off to you computer.
and then turn the radio on. Choose download from radio and choose the
driver with pl2303 in its name from the drop-down box you will also see the
Bluetooth driver, which you should ignore). The driver only exists while
the cable is plugged in, so the sequence of steps is important.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page on miklor.com
http://miklor.com/

Find this text and click on the link to download the driver.

*AC Driver for Prolific Cables        PL2303 USB to Serial Driver for Mac
OS XProlific Driver PL2303_v0.3.1
<http://www.miklor.com/COM/software/osx-pl2303-0.3.1-10.4-universal.dmg>     *