[chirp_users] After Upload Radio Shows Programmed Frequencies but not Alphanumeric Name

Pat Anderson
Wed Jan 16 08:08:45 PST 2019

New BaoFeng UV-5R purchased from Amazon. Latest chirp-daily. " Download
from Radio" works fine. "Upload to Radio" appears to work fine, CHIRP shows
cloning progress bar and light on radio flashes. But an alphanumeric name
was entered  in CHIRP for each memory channel. The radio displays the
frequency instead of the name. I have another UV-5R that I don't have with
(the reason I bought another one) and after uploading to radio it displays
the name. Am I missing something? On the radio? In CHIRP? Thanks!

Pat Anderson
KD7OAC