[chirp_users] Can’t get Chirp to Load

Jim Unroe
Mon Feb 11 11:35:49 PST 2019

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:02 AM Ken <cat2a at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I can’t seem to get Chirp to load into my Hp Envy laptop running Windows 10.   After researching the Internet and this forum, I have found references to the config file that supposed to be located in the debug file.   Well, neither of those two are in my Chirp program.  Has anybody seen this problem before and if so, how is it fixed??    I hope I am not asking a question that has been addressed already but I haven’t seen it in here.
>
> Thanks.     Kenny   KD4HQQ

My son-in-law just gave me a laptop with Windows 10. I thought that
would give me a chance to see first hand why many seem to have
difficulty with installing CHIRP and possibly create a guide to avoid
problems. Unfortunately the CHIRP (and old Prolific device driver)
installation completed successfully with no issues.

I would try right-clicking the downloaded installation file and
choosing "Run as administrator" to perform the installation. That is
what I did.

Also, the debug.log file and chirp.config files are not in the "Chirp
program" folder. This is the link to the wiki page that covers
locating the debug.log file (which is the same folder that the
chirp.config file is located in).

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues