[chirp_users] Chirp under Linux

Glenn K 0 L N Y :)
Wed Dec 25 16:38:25 PST 2019

Does anyone know if it would be bad to add the Chirp repository to the ARM Ubuntu Mate running on my Pine64 and then proceed to install it?
Glenn

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pat Anderson
  To: Discussion of CHIRP
  Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2019 6:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Chirp under Linux

  For me running Ubuntu (16.04) on a Chromebook under Crouton (which is not a garden variety setup for sure), and using a cable with a counterfeit chip, it still "just works."  However, even though I am a member of the Dialout group, I still need to do the "sudo chmod 777 /dev/ttyUSB0" each time. It is not a huge problem to do this, since I only program my Baofengs (UV-5R and UV-82HP) when I go from Washington to Arizona and vice-versa. It is most likely not CHIRP, not the cable, and not the Baofeng that is your problem.

  Pat Anderson
  KD7OAC

  On Wed, Dec 25, 2019 at 5:04 PM Jim Allyn <jim at allynelectronics.com> wrote:

    For me, and for everybody I know, in Linux it "just simply works."  When for everybody else, it works, perhaps rather than blaming the program or the  OS, maybe you should start thinking, "What am **_I_** doing wrong?"