[chirp_users] Chirp under Linux

Pat Anderson
Wed Dec 25 16:24:32 PST 2019

For me running Ubuntu (16.04) on a Chromebook under Crouton (which is not a
garden variety setup for sure), and using a cable with a counterfeit chip,
it still "just works."  However, even though I am a member of the Dialout
group, I still need to do the "sudo chmod 777 /dev/ttyUSB0" each time. It
is not a huge problem to do this, since I only program my Baofengs (UV-5R
and UV-82HP) when I go from Washington to Arizona and vice-versa. It is
most likely not CHIRP, not the cable, and not the Baofeng that is your
problem.

Pat Anderson
KD7OAC