[chirp_users] USB Error using Ubuntu Mate

Monte Long
Mon Aug 26 09:18:23 PDT 2019

I'm using Ubuntu Mate on my laptop to run chirp.  I keep getting an
error:  “Errno
could not open serial port /dev/ttyUSB0.  Errno permission denied
/dev/ttyUSB0”

I can open a terminal and type in "sudo chmod 777 /dev/ttyUSB0" and it
solves the issues for that session.  But, the next time I boot up the
laptop, I have to plug in the cable, then go to the terminal and re-do the
chmod command.  Is there a way to get that to stick permanently?

Thanks!

Monte