[chirp_users] Chirp (Not Responding) before uploading or downloading radio.

stan.walkowski
Tue Apr 30 21:35:08 PDT 2019

Josh,Sorry but beyond my ability to fix.Stan

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Joshua Richardson <oilfieldradios at consultant.com> Date: 4/30/19  8:37 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com Subject: [chirp_users] Chirp (Not Responding) before uploading or	downloading radio.
About four days ago, my Chirp began acting strange.  It opened normally, and a profile opened normally.  But then, when I used the Alt+U command (and later using the menu options in the menu bar), Chirp went to (Not Responding) for about twenty seconds, after which the program resumed normal function.  The only time I experience this issue is when I am asking Chirp to Upload or Download a radio.   I was using an older version of Chirp from December, as I loathe updating software.  I used the App menu in the Setting App to uninstall Chirp, and installed the latest version to no avail.  I then manually deleted the individual program files from its location in File Explorer and reinstalled.  I performed these two actions twice with no improvement.  Then I used the Disk Cleanup tool in Windows, deleted temporary files, ran a Defrag, used the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, sfc/ scanner, and chkdsk C: /f.  These actions all improved Windows performance as a whole, but I am still experiencing Chirp’s (Not Responding) issue.  This is only a minor inconvenience, but after eight months of using Chirp with zero issues, it concerns me that it just decided to start having a brain fart one day.  What further diagnosis steps can I take to prevent a complete system reset?  I’d like to not go through the process of a complete system restoration more than once a year.   Any help is appreciated, Josh Sent from Mail for Windows 10