[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-65R support in CHIRP daily-20190412

Dan Clemmensen
Fri Apr 19 22:09:52 PDT 2019

Writing a CHIRP driver is fun and well suited to my skill set and my
desires for a retirement hobby. Try it! Maintaining forward momentum on an
ongoing Opensource project for a decade or more is a much harder job that
is utterly beyond my capabilities. Dan Smith is the guy we need to thank.
If you take a look at "my" driver, you will see that the code is somewhat
different the the "typical" driver, but if you look a little deeper, you
see that the underlying design, all of the infrastructure, and many of the
actual lines of code derive from pre-existing CHIRP code. That doesn't even
consider the entire development system, the info on the web site, and the
helpful community, all built by Dan Smith.