[chirp_users] FT70 fails to download

Dennis Carr
Wed Apr 3 21:35:14 PDT 2019

Howdy!

Running a Yaesu Ft-70DR that just arrived today.  First thing's first:
download to Chirp!  Running daily 20190221 on Debian current stable,
using the builds from the website.

Just one problem - it didn't download.

After following instructions (battery off, DC and USB in (specifically
the USB cable that came with), hold AMS key while powering on, select
Download option, set the right options (/dev/ttyACM0, Yaesu FT-70D)),
hit the BAND button so it says TX, and...

...no activity.  It times out, radio shows ERROR.

Long and short, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here.  So in
short:

* What am I missing?
* What other information is needed from me to properly answer?

-Dennis
KE7KIF