[chirp_users] MDF-A and B

Christopher Knowles
Mon Apr 1 04:17:28 PDT 2019

I've been using Baofengs for a year now.  I have a UV-5RD+, a BF-F9 V2+,
and a UV-XR.  Since I live on an island in the Atlantic, and my contact
with North America is through two repeaters on Cape Cod, I love the dual
watch feature.  If I program the radio to display the name on the first
line and the frequency on the second line, how would I monitor two
repeaters and exactly what buttons would I have to push to make that
happen?  Chris Knowles

>  When I want names, I do go to 21, not 22. Hit menu again, that allows
> for adjustment from freq, channel, name. I then select which of the
> three I want, then hit menu again to confirm, done. If you’ve
> installed names for all your frequencies, that process should do it
> for you.
>
> Second, I don’t know if you are aware of this tid-bit of info or not
> but, if you do the process I just outlined and, you actually get
> names, there’s a simple way to also provide the frequency for that
> name, on the screen too.
>
> First, make sure your up arrow is on the top row. Then, select menu &
> 21 “names”. Then press menu again to confirm. Done.
>
> Now, push your “A-B” button. Now the arrow is on the bottom row. If
> you look to the right of the upper row, you’ll see what channel
> number you have selected while you selected “names”.
>
> Your arrow is presently on the bottom so, press the VFO button to
> select “channel mode”. Now, using the key board, press in the three
> numbers that you see to the right of the name you selected. When that
> comes up, you’ll see what’s selected, either the channel or the
> frequency for the numbers to match the ones above. Now you have the
> name, and the frequency of one particular channel, on the screen at
> the same time.
> Scott
>
> Sent from Windows Mail

Christopher Allan Knowles, MPA
P.O. Box 4632
Vineyard Haven, MA  02568

Website:  http://www.tiac.net/~cknowles/

Please find my LinkedIn profile at:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-knowles-99aba51a/

Staff Sergeant, United States Air Force, 1970 - 1974

Call Sign:  N1CAK - Amateur Extra Class
	    Accredited Volunteer Examiner (VE)