[chirp_users] FT-450D communication problem

Richard Shaw
Sat Sep 29 12:47:33 PDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:22 PM Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF <nigel at ngunn.net>
wrote:

> We keep getting this issue.
>
> The 450D implements a full serial/RS-232 level  port. Make sure you cable
> supports RTS/CTS handshaking. You should have 5 wires on the cable, Pin 2
> DATA OUT to computer, Pin 3 DATA IN from computer, Pin 5 GROUND, Pin 7 RTS,
> Pin 8 CTS.

As far as I know mine if a real PL2303 and CAT control works fine in
Fldigi, wsjtx, and qsstv but I can't get Chirp to talk to it. It just times
out and says something about expected 6 bytes got 0 or something like that.
Nothing additional on console.

Thanks,
Richard