[chirp_users] New to CHIRP and issue with Baofeng

Berrie Maas
Thu Sep 27 20:08:54 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am new to CHIRP, and a fairly new HAM as well.
I have CHIRP installed, and try to connect to my BAOFENG UV-82.
CHIRP will not let me select a COM port. I am using the cable that BAOFENG
sells.
The cable came with a disk, but it is in Chinese, and when I try to change
the setting to English, it says it cannot write to the disk. Starting the
BAOFENG software (BF480), it is all in Chinese and with question marks as I
don't have Chinese fonts.

It probably is a driver issue, but I don't know where to get the right
driver.
Any help greatly appreciated!
Berrie