[chirp_users] Can't program or read Retevis RT-22

Jim Unroe
Thu Sep 27 04:52:40 PDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 11:35 PM, Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu at lilpantry.com> wrote:

> Read through the last couple months of archives, didn’t see anything directly related.
>

> Using the latest chirp, I cannot program or read from a retevis RT-22.  Used to clone them all the time, then we didn’t need any for a while, got a new batch, and all I get when I try to read is an “unknown identification string”, and if I try to download programming from the img file we were using before, I get an error about 5 tries, but haven’t been able to get that to come up again.
>

> If I load the RT22 software downloaded from retevis, it fires right up, and can at least read the radio config, I haven’t tried writing it again.
>

> I programmed some RT22’s about 2 months ago, and didn’t have any of these issues, so I’m not sure if it’s a retevis firmware change, or what.

This RT22's response to the clone request is not what CHIRP expects.

Save the attached file to where you keep you CHIRP Radio Images
(*.img) files. Enable "Developer Functions" in CHIRP and then use File
-> Load Module to load the attached test driver module. Then test and
report back if it works.