[chirp_users] Can't program Kenwood TM-G707 using CHIRP and FTDI cable from valley-ent.com

David Ranch
Sat Sep 15 08:15:45 PDT 2018

Hey Richard,

> I use this cable with my Yaesu FT-450D for CAT without issue while I
> couldn't get the nice FTDI based one to work.
>
> https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=3726

On that URL, it says:

    "Supports Windows® 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit),
Mac® 8.6 and higher, and Linux® *(NOT compatible with Windows 8)"

*
If I read that right, this is the first advertisement that's essentially
saying "we're using counterfit Prolific chips".  That would be the first
time I've seen that before!

--David
KI6ZHD