[chirp_users] Can't program Kenwood TM-G707 using CHIRP and FTDI cable from valley-ent.com

Richard Shaw
Sat Sep 15 04:39:51 PDT 2018

On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 4:42 AM E M Recio via chirp_users <
chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> I only run Linux and Mac, so no RT Systems for me. Plus I did ask if
> anything was being planned, at least for the mac, and I got a terse "no".
>
> VirtualBox might be an option, but then I'll have to buy a copy of
> windows. Ehhh, no.

My father-in-law had an extra license for Windows 7 so I do have that
installed in VirtualBox for the rare occasion I HAVE to use Windows but I
agree for the most part. It looks like I missed part of this thread but is
it just cable issues?

I use this cable with my Yaesu FT-450D for CAT without issue while I
couldn't get the nice FTDI based one to work.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=3726

 As long as it's not a clone (and maybe if it does) it works very well with
Linux. The cable I have for my old Wouxun HT is also PL2303 based as is the
programming cable for my Alinco mobile.

Thanks,
Richard
KF5OIM