[chirp_users] Kenwood TH-D72

Brandon Clark
Tue Oct 16 21:48:34 PDT 2018

Hello group,

I'm having trouble programming my Kenwood TH-D72 Ht. I have a feeling
I'm missing something really obvious, so I apologize if this is a stupid
question:

In Chirp there are options to work with the radio in "Clone Mode" and
"Live Mode". Trying to read from the radio in live mode doesn't yield
any results. Also, I don't know what I would do to put the radio into
clone mode; I can't find anything in the manual about that. What am I
missing?

System: Windows 10, current version of Chirp. The system has the virtual
com port driver from Kenwood installed. Also, I CAN read from the radio
using the Kenwood MCP-4A software. I'm trying to use chirp though
because I can't import a CSV into the MCP-4A program (the only option is
a TravelPlus csv file, and I don't have an example of that format).

Many thanks,

Brandon, KL7BSC