[chirp_users] CHIRP Not Communicating With ComputerS

Tom Balaban
Mon May 14 14:39:13 PDT 2018

Thanks D.J.J. Ring, Jr.

I show the same ownership. I added my user name to the TTY group. Still
didn't work. I then tried running as root (sudo chirpw). Still no joy.

... Six hours later ...

OK. It's now working. How? I haven't the faintest idea. I tried using
CHIRP-Live but could get it to boot from a USB on any of my EUFI boxes
so I burned a CD and that booted and I was able to download using both
serial cables from my Yeasu's and my Baofengs. After adding the 2 new
frequencies to my seven handhelds I tried it on three laptops, one
LinuxLite and two Windows 10. All three worked just like they had been
working for years. Go figure.

Now as to my call sign. I don't have one ... yet. I am working to get my
Technician Class license, hopefully this summer. In the meantime, all I
use these radios for is officiating bicycle races from a motorcycle. We
always use a commercial frequency provided by our sanctioning body of
the local organizers radio rental service.

Again, many thanks for helping me with this issue.

Best,
Tom