[chirp_users] CHIRP Not Communicating With ComputerS

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Sun May 13 13:26:08 PDT 2018

Where are you?

> On 13 May 2018 at 16:00 Tom Balaban <mototom800 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I have not had to do anything with my Baofeng and Yaesu radios for quite a while but our group has added some new frequencies so it time to update.
>
>     Neither my Yaesu VX-6Rs nor my Baofeng UV-5Rs will communicate with either my Linux Netbook or my WIndows 10 computers. In the case of the Linux box, I have added my user name to the Dialout group then rebooted. In the case of the Windows machines I have changed the Baofeng cable to the Prolific 3.2.0.0 driver that I downloaded today from the Miklor site. The Yaesu cable is an FTDI cable and was always recognized previously. The cables are fully inserted in each case and the volume is maxed out. Device Manager shows both cables as working. The Baofeng cable reports as COM7 and the Yaesu cable as COM6
>
>     I'm never surprised with the Windows machines need some tinkering to work but CHIRP and Linux have always worked will in the past.
>
>     What am I missing. I suspect it's something simple.
>
>     Many thanks for reading.
>
>     Tom

Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937 825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF (was KC8NHF 9H3GN), e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net
Member of ARRL, QRPARCI #11644, SOC #548, Flying Pigs QRP Club International #385,
Dayton ARA #2128, AMSAT-NA LM-1691, GCARES, EAA382.