[chirp_users] Wrong Kenwood radio, ID or unknown variant, see LOG output.

Jim Unroe
Fri May 11 12:24:48 PDT 2018

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Pavel Milanes Costa <pavelmc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gene,
>
> Kenwood TK-372G Driver author here.

Pavel,

I took a look at the debug log this morning but didn't have time to
reply (and was hoping that you would also notice this discussion).

It appeared to me that the radio was being read OK. The problem, as I
saw it, was that CHIRP was receiving "P3720\x06\xfb" from the radio
but CHIP is expecting "P3720\x06\xff" (the last byte being FB instead
of FF).

It seems to me that a test driver could be posted that just changes
the FF to FB to see if the radio could be fully read by CHIRP. If it
can, then maybe all that is needed would be to add and additional
"fingerprint" to the driver.