[chirp_users] Programming TYT TH 9000

Jim Unroe
Mon Mar 19 16:42:15 PDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 7:22 PM, Allen Stines <duckettham at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the debug log.

Thanks. I don't see a response. I would look for a problem with the
programming cable.

Looks like you are running windows. If device manager shows that the
programming cable was manufactured with a Prolific type USB-to-TTL
chip, you may have to download, install and select an older Prolific
v3.2.0.0 device driver. Most Prolific chips (nearly 100%) in
programming cables are unauthorized copies and the device driver
supplied by the Prolific company to Microsoft and auto installed by
Windows is designed to not work with counterfeit chips.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

I keep several Prolific device driver version installed for testing
for genuine Prolific chips (they are very rare). The v3.2.0.0 is the
one I use on a daily basis because it works with both genuine and
counterfeit chips.