[chirp_users] New Radio / Use

Jim Unroe
Fri Mar 9 17:10:13 PST 2018

>> I don't see any way to set DTMF alerts, which is the main reason I bought
>> this radio.
>
> DTMF alerts? It can read and display DTMF signals that are received.
> It supports Stun, Kill, Revive, etc. There are not alerts that I know
> of.

I stand corrected. If you set off the alarm on a UV-5R or similar
radio and it transmits the Alarm Code over the air (mine won't because
I intentionally set my to Site so it won't), and the UV-5X3 has its
alarm code set to the same value (the default is "119"), then the
strobe and siren will be set off in the UV-5X3.