[chirp_users] New Radio / Use

Jim Unroe
Fri Mar 9 15:16:41 PST 2018

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 5:20 PM, Gene Vincent <gene8348 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just got a new BTECH 5x3. It is my understanding that there is no other
> software available except CHIRP.
>
> Is there anyway to adjust radio menu items with CHIRP?

Yes. That's what CHIRP does. It sets everything that it is known that
can be programed.

> Listing a few as examples: TX-RX display color, channel display mode
> (CH#,Freq,Name),

Yes and yes.

Settings -> Basic Settings -> Standby LED Color: Off/Blue/Orange/Purple
Settings -> Basic Settings -> RX LED Color: Off/Blue/Orange/Purple
Settings -> Basic Settings -> TX LED Color: Off/Blue/Orange/Purple
Settings -> Basic Settings -> Display Mode (A): Channel/Name/Frequency
Settings -> Basic Settings -> Display Mode (D): Channel/Name/Frequency

> I don't see any way to set DTMF alerts, which is the main reason I bought
> this radio.

DTMF alerts? It can read and display DTMF signals that are received.
It supports Stun, Kill, Revive, etc. There are not alerts that I know
of.

> Thanks in advance.

You are welcome.