[chirp_users] Has ANYONE actually succeeded in programming a Yaesu FT2900 on CHIRP?

Peter Ryan
Wed Mar 7 12:52:15 PST 2018

If there is anyone who has actually SUCCEEDED in programming the FT2900R on CHIRP with a Macbook (10.5.5 Maverick here), would you please offer a reply here? My query last week received no responses. And I am reading mixed messages and member's thoughts and opinions on the subject in yesterday's other member's parallel question, but we have not seen anything from anyone who has actually succeeded with a Mac and a Valley Enterprises cable. I suspect there are several here who would profit from a "step-by-step" tutorial from a member who has. It is listed as a programmable radio on Chirp, but at this point, I am starting to wonder why. Thanks in advance for your help on this. :)