[chirp_users] Problems connecting Yaesu FT-2900r

Peter Ryan
Thu Mar 1 17:06:48 PST 2018

Hi Guys: I just received my Valley Enterprise Yaesu FT-2900R cable (RPC-YM6-UF). Upon trying to connect CHIRP on my MACBOOK 10.9.5 Maverick XOS, and the MARS-modified 2900R radio, I get an error message of: "Could not open port (error #2)...no such file or directory."I am successful with connecting my Yaesu FT-60 to the Mac, and I did not make any changes to the computer before attempting to hook up the FT-2900R, but with the FT-2900 cable plugged in, I do get an new extra choice in my drop down menu "RADIO: Download from radio" "serial" box choices. The FT-60 works using the original "/DEV/cu.usbserial", but the FT-2900R fails to work with either that older choice, or the new choice of "/DEV/cu.usbserial-A107368". I have gone to the various CHIRP help forums, and there is a lot about using a build made before some date before circa 06/2016 for a MARS "modded" radio, but that seems to relate only to a PC using Windows. The MacBook info didn't seem to relate to a need for an earlier "build". Indeed, I couldn't find any new builds for a MAC since 2016. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help in advance.MacBook 10.9.5Yaesu Ft-2900R mobile radio
Valley Ent. FT-1900/2900 FTDI cable