[chirp_users] Concurrance

Charles Albert
Tue Jan 9 16:23:32 PST 2018

Keep in mind that this sort of behavior is neither new nor the rule. It's
been going on for many, many years (maybe Marconi and Tesla started it all)
and has been, in my experience, far more of an exception rather than the
rule.

Sadly, it can create havoc when the bad manners are displayed by someone
who is loud enough, rude enough, and has a few minions. An example from
back in the early days of packet radio comes to mind...

There was a ham (now SK) who was belligerent enough to spout nonsense and
half baked ideas and made a fair number of people believe him. He wrote a
piece of packet software that was, at best, marginal. Then, when other
software became (far) more popular than his, he turned on packet in general
and effectively destroyed it. At the time, packet had huge potential to
change ham radio for the better. Today, it is relegated to position and
weather reporting.

Why? Because the ham in question hated the idea of "newbies" taking away
his private bands and toys.

Take Care & 73
KC6UFM
Charles