[chirp_users] Repurposing RT-Systems Cables

Nick
Mon Feb 12 12:27:23 PST 2018

I know nothing about RT Systems software and hardware. I do know I have converted all my cables to FTDI compliant using the module and instructions in this link. Only thing you need to do is select the proper comm port. No more drivers to worry about. http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ProgrCable.php Nick K7NQB 73 from Boise.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Brandon Clark <kl7bsc at gmail.com>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Repurposing RT-Systems Cables
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 10:17:37 -0900

Good morning,

Question: Has anyone had luck with changing the VID and PID on RT Systems cables? I saw from the CHIRP documentation that it can be done with the FTDI utility, but I'm not sure which utility to use (the FTDI site has many available).
Also, is it worth the trouble to do so, or is it better to just get different cables?

Background: I have three of these RT Systems cables that I've been using for a few years now, but I've been switching my computers to run Linux and now want to use CHIRP as my programming software. The cables are very well-constructed, so I would like to keep them if possible. If anyone is familiar with the reprogramming process I would appreciate the help.

(Feel free to email em off-list, since I'm sure this has been asked before.)
73,Brandon
1 Simple Trick Removes Eye Bags & Lip Lines in Seconds
Fit Mom Daily
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/5a81f8f0f143f78f064f4st04duc