[chirp_users] Help needed resolving Errors opening CVS file in Chirp

Alan Hayes
Fri Dec 14 13:14:01 PST 2018

I don't have a Baofeng, but pulled the image file from a friend's radio who
I'd helped previously program via Chirp. In my experience, you are much
better off working and editing with Chirp's image file, THEN you can
successfully export and import back using a csv if you so choose.

Anyway, from exporting his image to a csv, the "duplex" field for a simplex
station is blank, but the offset for a simplex station is 0 (zero). The
"Tone" selection column is blank for no tone. The "rTone" and "cTone"
columns default to 88.5 which is the lowest CTCS frequency. Likewise the
"dtcs" column defaults to 23 which is the lowest digital code slot. The
radio does only have 128 memory locations, so 150 would probably generate
errors.
Alan