[chirp_users] Can't add repository

Jim Unroe
Fri Apr 27 18:04:30 PDT 2018

Hi Glenn,

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 8:56 PM, Glenn At Home <GlennErvin at cableone.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have done this many times before, I don't know if the error is coming from
> the site or if it means something is amiss with my system.
> I just today installed Ubuntu Mate 16.4.3 onto USB and ran an update.
> Than in a terminal, I ran:
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots
> and I get the error:
> input output error

That is not the correct command. You have "add" and "apt" swapped. The
correct command is...

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots

You should copy and paste the commands from the download page or the
the "Running CHIRP Under Linux" page into terminal.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Running_Under_Linux