[chirp_users] uv-82 settings does not show up using latest build

Jim Unroe
Fri Apr 27 17:41:24 PDT 2018

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 8:14 PM, aj4ck1 <aj4ck1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I did this, see below, and it worked.
>
> Edit uv5r.py and line 1662 change the 123 to 255. I was able to do a
> complete read with no errors. The problem was in the UHF squelch settings is
> was set by default to 208. I left the default as 208.

You didn't fix it. You just made the bad value acceptable in CHIRP.
You should change the bad value (208) to something valid (1 to 123)
and upload it to your radio. The value it was supposed to be would be
1 higher than the next lower squelch threshold setting or 1 lower than
the next higher squelch threshold setting since they usually increment
by 1 from the factory. Then you can set line 1662 back to 123.