[chirp_users] Chirp not talking to radio on MAC

Jean-Paul Louis
Sun Apr 22 11:57:19 PDT 2018

Please let’s not start another OS war.
I use Mac OS X by choice, and I do not criticize Windows or Linux users.

Here the problem is not an OS problem, but a driver problem. To me it looks like Prolific has trouble to support OS X.
I remember going through hoops when I tried to use a Prolific chip in my MacBook. I remember that I had to pick a specific driver, and I tried to help the Mac users here, but it looks like now with High Sierra, it has become a lost battle.
To program my radios, I use a cable that has an FTDI chip, so I do not have any problem with all the radios that I programmed.

I do not have the Prolific cable anymore, so I cannot help much anymore.

So to all Mac OS X users, I would suggest to buy an interface cable that has an FTDI chip instead of a Prolific chip.

Ham Radio is about helping each other, not blaming someone else.

my $0.02,
Jean-Paul
N1JPL