[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest, Vol 112, Issue 14

Dave B
Thu Apr 19 04:03:00 PDT 2018

On 18/04/18 20:00, chirp_users-request at intrepid.danplanet.com wrote:
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Won't open in High Sierra 10.13.4
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
>
> Hi Brandon,
>
> I'm running macOS 10.13.4 and Chirp runs just fine. However, I DID get a
> message warning me that it is a 32-bit app and not a 64-bit app. With
> 10.13.4, Apple has begun notifying users running 32-bit apps that, at some
> point in the future, they will not be supported. I'm not sure what the
> plans are for upgrading Chirp to 64-bit, but at some point, without an
> upgrade, it really won't run. As to why you can't get it to run now, I'm at
> a loss, assuming that Python was properly installed.

And the correct version of Python.  2.x I think is what Chirp lives on.

If you've already installed Python3, don't worry, just install the
latest V2.x as well.   (If Apple will let you.)

Regards.

Dave G0WBX.

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software: