[chirp_users] BTech UV-25X4 "Radio did not Enter Clone Mode"

Scott McComas
Mon Apr 9 20:15:39 PDT 2018

Ok, belated replies to a couple of you in this message string:

1.)  Charles K4CEH-  FB on being “old-timer” ham!!  It’s always (usually) good to learn new skills.  I have two Baofeng UV-5R’s and use them quite a bit- programmed thru CHIRP..
	I don’t know enough about the FRS/GMRS bands to comment upon, but others more versed in this have commented already and I can’t add to to their thoughts.

2.)  Jim KC9HI-  you know, I didn’t think about checking to see where I was plugging my cable into the back of the radio.  I only noted the screen changes which I thought the computer WAS communicating with the radio,
	then failed.  GUESS WHAT?  You were correct!  The EXT SPKR/HDPHN jack IS the same diameter as the COMM port!  I looked and corrected and now chirp works great- AMAZING!   Of course, I did this AFTER I
	already ordered another cable, oh well.  Couldn’t hurt to have a back up.   This also answers Charles’s other inquiry of my next step.  NOW I can use my BTech radio!  Thanks for the comments and thoughts.
		73’s all
		-Scott N6ZAI