[chirp_users] BTech UV-25X4 "Radio did not Enter Clone Mode"

Charles Whittington
Sat Apr 7 11:57:03 PDT 2018

Scott:  I am an old-timer (80) and was first licensed in 1955 and I now
very much concerned about the times we live in.  I presently have acquired
a UV-5R and a UV-82 . . . both new and both Baofeng.  A programming cable
came with the UV-5R.  My learning curve for this new stuff has changed
considerably and I don't (literally) have a lot of time left for trying to
learn new concepts, only to have the hardware fail at some point on down
the road.  Would you mind sharing any thoughts regarding what you are
planning on doing at this point.  I really don't know why I have any need
for  . . two . . VHF/UHF hand-helds anyway.  In regard for what seems to be
"bad times ahead" I am wondering if a handful of "good" FRS radios might be
a better investment in the communications department.

Regards -- and thanks in advance for any advice you would care to pass
along . . .

Charles C. (Chuck) Whittington  K4CEH
Columbus, Ohio area
Florida native