[chirp_users] OT: Source for proper fit Yaesu HT TRRS (4 pin) speaker/mic connectors..

jim
Sat Oct 28 14:25:23 PDT 2017

David,

I've been using these from monoprice and just cutting the cable in half:

<https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021816&p_id=18632&seq=1&format=2>

(Product # 18632)

They work well for my FT-60 and VX-7r but are not threaded or water resistant.
Cost is $1.99 for the 3 foot cable.

Tip - red
Ring -copper
Ring - blue
Sleeve - green

The conductors are Litz wire so they have to soldered in a pool of solder to
burn off the insulation and fiber. Being very lazy I do not wait the ½ hour or
so it takes my solder pot to come up to temperature ;) I just pool a glob of
solder on the tip of my iron and use that to tin the conductors.

73
Jim
ki6njf