[chirp_users] OT: Source for proper fit Yaesu HT TRRS (4 pin) speaker/mic connectors..

David Ranch
Sat Oct 28 13:33:36 PDT 2017

Hello Everyone,

I was curious if anyone here knows of a good source for 4-pin TRRS
connectors or solder pigtails that will fit *PROPERLY* into Yaesu HTs
like the FT1?  Argent Data sells one but it looks like it might be too
wide at the tip:

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=68

At $6/ea, is not exactly cheap and it only offers three out of the four
wires.

I'm also curious if the threaded-style TRRS connectors will work ok for
non-threaded radios.  I would assume so but thought I'd ask.

There are connectors like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/172931701263?catId=12576&item=172931701263&rmvSB=true

but I've always found these contact solder-type connectors very
difficult to get a good, lasting solder contact to.

There are also some pre-made cables that look "promising" but I have no
idea if they would actually fit deeply enough (they seem fairly narrow
at the tip) but are all four wires connected?

--David
KI6ZHD