[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Build System
Thu Oct 12 00:14:00 PDT 2017

Greetings,

A new daily build of CHIRP is available.  This includes changes made
directly to the tree yesterday, and may include additional features,
bug fixes, and/or bugs.  If you are interested in trying it, grab it
from the following location:

  http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20171012

A list of the changes included in this build (since the last daily)
follows:

Changes for Build #501
[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Fix long-standing test runner output bug

The unified logging code arrests stdout for the purposes of non-interactive
console logging to a file. This has been preventing proper console output
when running in the build system, making it harder to debug failures. This
adds a CHIRP_TESTENV override environment variable, and always sets it from
the test runner since we should always have interactive output from it.

Related to #5237

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Remove unnecessary test tools

After #5237 these are no longer necessary and duplicative.

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Add tox.ini for running tests

Tox handles venv creation and management of setup install for
running tests. Since we have a venv required already, this just
makes sense.

Now, instead of:

 ./run_all_tests.sh

You can just run:

  tox

Assuming you have tox installed (pip install tox). You can run individual
test groups like this:

 tox -e unit
 tox -e driver

and still pass arguments to the driver tests per usual with:

 tox -e driver -- -d Icom_IC-2200H

I'll be working to make the build system use tox for running tests with
better isolation and hopefully more repeatability.

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Some fixes to run_tests

First, in r2787 we made the BruteForce test do RadioFeatures validation on
a memory, avoiding a failure if the memory did not validate. For some reason
we still required that radio.validate_memory() pass for any of those tests,
which doesn't allow for the radio to ban quirks in the tests. This makes us
not fail if the radio rightly fails to validate.

Second, we were modifying the memory in do_mode() so that once we passed FM
in the mode sequence we were always trying freq+100Mhz. Depending on how we
ran the tests (i.e. which order we hit the modes) this would sometimes fail.
This makes us copy the original memory so we're stable throughout the modes.

Related to #5237

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] [icq7] Add validate_memory() for sub-30MHz AM requirement

This driver has a requirement that anything under 30MHz be AM. Validate that
in validate_memory() so we can properly handle cases where that won't work.

Found in the pursuit of #5237

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Remove dedicated silly rptbuild setup handler

This just makes setup.py more complicated and there's no reason to build
this as a separate package. Just build it as an additional script on the
main default build.

Needed for #5237

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Let make_supported.py take an output filename as the first argument

Needed for #5237

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] More pep8 compliance fixes

[Imuli <i at imu.li>] [uv5r] UV-82 use ASCII charset Partially fixes #5227

The UV-82 supports all of ASCII (with two replacements).

I imagine other Baofeng radios do also, so this provides an easy means to
specify supported characters for different models.