[chirp_users] Fwd: ic-7100

Andrew Damiano
Wed Nov 29 09:21:14 PST 2017

I have used chirp on my baofeng and my kenwood with awesome results. I just
got a icom 7100 and I am not able to get chirp to talk to it. I have tried
different computers (both w10 if that matters) and different usb cables
(the one that came with the radio and another I had). I installed the USB
driver software from icom and when the radio is plugged in to either
computer I see com4 and com5. When I tell chirp to read from radio on com4
and tell it the radio is an icom and to auto detect the model chrip sees
that its an ic-7100 but I get 1 memory per second and the name is error. If
I try to put something into the memory chirp comes back and says timeout
error. I saw a bug report that someone posted about the ic-7100 saying
their civ address was set wrong and the fix was to use 88h. Mine is set to
88h and it does not work.

Does anyone have any tips/tricks/suggestions to help me get chirp to talk
to my new ic-7100?

Thanks.