[chirp_users] Icom ID-880H Programming

kd7sjt
Sun May 28 17:08:56 PDT 2017

Greetings,

I have been attempting to program my Icom ID-880H with Chirp for 3 days
now. I downloaded the original image file that was in the radio that had
all of the repeaters
that I programmed into the radio 4 years ago when using Windows. I no
longer use windows and I am currently using Linux Mint 18.1 with the Daily
Build of Chirp (CHIRP daily-20170526).
I copied that directly off the "About" Tab.

I Exported to a .CSV all of the data, and opened Libre Office Calc to edit
the file with all of the new and updated frequencies for my QTH, which is
Sacramento California. I then got all of the frequencies
updated and saved; imported them back into Chirp and attempted to upload
them back into the radio. Everything looks great until the very end when
the radio says "Clone ERR" on the screen.
I then cycle power and the radio clears itself and there is no data in the
radio whatsoever.

I did try to find if there are any FAQ's on this with no luck. My radio
isn't even mentioned in the FAQ's, hi hi. I did verify that it is on the
"Supported" list. I have had great success programming my other rigs with
Chirp,
its just this one so far that is giving me heartache.

Are there any known issues with Chirp and the Icom ID-880H?

By the way, the original image file that I downloaded before starting any
of this, will go back into the rig with no problem. I have saved that and
keep it safely guarded so I have atleast something
until I can get the new stuff to go into the rig.

Any help would be so much appreciated. Thank you for all the hard work you
do.

73,

Earl
KD7SJT