[chirp_users] QYT KT 8900

Tycen Stafford
Fri May 12 17:11:55 PDT 2017

Off topic from CHIRP, but another quirky thing I found on the QYT KT8900: I
kept seeing in descriptions that it had the "reverse" function (where you
can quickly switch over to listen on the reverse for repeaters).  But, mine
wouldn't ever do it when I would hit the */scan button like on the
Baofengs.  Finally, I saw somewhere that they were saying for *Baofengs*
you had to turn off dual-watch (TDR) - which *wasn't* true on any of the
Baofengs I have (UV-5R5, UV-5RTP, UV-82) - they could flip over to the
reverse even when in dual-watch mode.  But, I tried turning dual-watch off
on my QYT KT8900 and voila! - hitting */scan finally worked to listen on
the reverse.  So, if you're trying to get reverse to work on the QYT
KT8900, turn OFF dual-watch/TDR (menu 0) and then it should work when you
press */scan.

-Tycen K7TYC