[chirp_users] QYT KT 8900

Tycen Stafford
Fri May 12 16:47:15 PDT 2017

You're correct - on your model the programming port is on the front and the
back jack is for an external speaker.  I have the same one.  Apparently,
when they first came out, there was only one jack and it was on the back -
for programming only.  And that's when all the online reviews and guides (
www.miklor.com, etc.) were written.  Then, they put out a revised model
that put the programming port on the front and a ext. speaker port on the
back - plus added a fan.  A very confusing design choice, in my opinion.
It's a great radio, though.